Về Việc: Re: [sane-devel] Firmware for Epson Stylus CX-1500?

baoloc1970-mail at yahoo.com baoloc1970-mail at yahoo.com
Wed May 2 09:58:32 UTC 2007

baoloc1970-mail at yahoo.com wrote:
Oliver Schwartz <Oliver.Schwartz at gmx.de> wrote: Hi,

On Monday 30 April 2007 16:57, LÊ Hồng Bội wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> I'm using an Epson Stylus CX-1500. I can scan image from it with
> snapscan backend. However, the image is green, no red, no blue. It
> seems that I need to specify a firmware to upload to the scanner. I
> look in Windows installation and there are many .bin files
> installed. They are C:\WINDOWS\system32\epscan6\1500\211bv040.bin,
> c:\windows\system32\twain_32\cmt1500.bin,
> c:\windows\system32\twain_32\cmt1500t.bin,
> c:\windows\system32\twain_32\sat121.bin. Which is the firmware file
> to upload?

I have only one confirmed report about a working Epson Stylus CX-1500.
It seems that this scanner does not need a firmware file at all. You
would get an error message and no scanning would be possible at all
if the scanner needed a firmware file.

According to the report that I got the scanner works flawlessly. Did
you try different resolutions? What versions of SANE are you using
(scanimage --version)?

Thanks for the information!
This is my SANE version
[lhboi at desktop tmp]$ scanimage --version
scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.17; backend version 1.0.17

It is stock sane package in Fedora Core 5.

And this is snapscan version
[sanei_debug] Setting debug level of snapscan to 128.
[snapscan] sane_snapscan_init
[snapscan] sane_snapscan_init: Snapscan backend version 1.4.50

I'll try different resolutions and report  the results.
Regards,

All other resolutions give the same result: only green. Even when scanning in Gray mode, blue and red components are missed.

Do following lines from debug log have any means to this situation?
[snapscan] snapscani_check_device: Is vendor "EPSON" model "EPSON MFP00" a supported scanner?
[snapscan] snapscani_get_model_id(EPSON MFP00, 0, 2)
[snapscan] snapscani_get_model_id: looking up scanner for ID 0x04b8,0x080c.
[snapscan] snapscani_check_device: Autodetected driver: Unknown

The model name is not recognized!
Regards,

LE Hong Boi
Homepage: http://lhboi.homelinux.net