[sane-devel] {Spam?} Fujitsu scanners

Michael Crider mcrider at hoecoop.org
Wed May 9 20:01:09 UTC 2007

Our company is in the process of selecting a scanner for use with a
document retention system. The scanner will be hooked up to a Linux box.
We are currently looking at the Fujitsu fi-5750C. It is in SANE's
current supported devices list.  It is available with or without
hardware VRS (VirtualReScan from Kofax). Does anybody know if the
hardware VRS will offer any advantage when used with SANE, or does it
need to be used in conjunction with Windows software to work?
Also, is it possible with SANE to take advantage of features such as
double feed detection, automatic page size detection, and blank page
skip, that can be enabled in the TWAIN driver? If not currently, is
there someone who could add those features with the right information
from us and/or Fujitsu?
By the way, the website listed in SANE's supported devices for the
fujitsu driver (http://www2.pfeiffer.edu/~anoah/fujitsu/) is 404 - is
there a new address?
Thanks to anyone who can share any info.

Michael Crider
Howell-Oregon Electric Coop
West Plains, MO

believed to be clean.