[sane-devel] {Spam?} Fujitsu scanners

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Wed May 9 21:10:14 UTC 2007

i dont know much about the capabilites of these cards, but i was under
the impression that they hide the scanner such that you would no
longer use the fujitsu driver, but rather a whole new sane backend
(which does not exist?) which speaks 'adrenaline'. how much of those
image processing capabilites are in hardware vs software is hard to
say, but in either case, without some serious documentation, i doubt
that sane will talk to the kofax hardware, and the kofax software
would be useless.

doublefeed detection works now, other features like jpeg compression,
auto-paper size and 'blank page' skip do not. the first two i have
enough docs to enable, (but not enough time), the last is probably not
a hardware feature at all, so makes more sense in the scanning
front-end than the backend.

i have finally lost my old account, so i am looking for a new home for
the backend webpage.

allan