[sane-devel] Compiling Avision backend

Robin Stewart s48264 at bluebottle.com
Thu May 10 17:41:37 UTC 2007

Following my request for help below I posted a similar message on the
Ubuntu forum. I am told that I should see a file called configure. I can
not see it in

robin at robin-desktop:/etc/sane.d

Where should I find the file, if it is not in sane.d?

Robin

The above comments are in response to Robin Stewart's email of 09/05/07
21:39 as quoted below:
> It seems that in order to have my strobe xp 450 working I will have to
> compile the avision backend with the latest files as suggested by Rene.
>
> I have downloaded into sane.d avision.c and avision.h (they were not
> there before)
>
> the next stage is to run ./configure --sysconfdir=/etc --prefix=/usr
>
> When I put this into my terminal it reports that
>
> bash: ./configure: No such file or directory
>
> I would appreciate some advice as to how to get ./configure to work
> within Ubuntu.
>
> Robin

> Free pop3 email with a spam filter.
> http://www.bluebottle.com

Get a free email account with anti spam protection.
http://www.bluebottle.com