[sane-devel] Sane-Find-Scanner Detects Mouse

Gerald Murray gmurray at cloudnet.com
Sun May 20 07:58:43 UTC 2007

Quoting Hugh McMaster <dasjournal at gmail.com>:

> Hi everyone,
> I just ran the sane-find-scanner command on my computer, and I noticed
> that in the verbose output, the programme detected my USB mouse.
> I assume that is would be the behaviour of libusb, since it detects
> most USB devices.  Is that correct?  Libusb detected my scanner (Canon
> 3000F) as well.

Normal would be that a mouse has a driver assigned, such as usbhid,
and sane-find-scanner should leave it alone.  I could not get
to list my mouse even after I put the vendor and product numbers in
sane.d/genesys.conf.  Perhaps there is an incorrect vendor/product entry
in the *.conf files that you have?

libusb is able to communicate with almost any usb device.