[sane-devel] Avision AV8300 Support for 11x17in Document Size

Tom Garvin tomgarvin at amyskitchen.net
Mon May 21 16:33:27 UTC 2007

Correct.  That was my first attempt to address the issue, but I backed
out these changes (I rebuilt/installed from a fresh backend archive)
when you're solution (adding "option force-a3" to avision.conf) worked
so well.  That was all on my development workstation.

Now I'm on a new system, and I'm experiencing the issue I describe
below.  I believe that I have clean SANE installations (I have removed
all known files and re-done the whole make install process from scratch
for frontends and backends).  On this new system, everything else works
great except for this scan height issue on the flatbed.

Before adding the "option force-a3" line in the
/usr/local/etc/sane.d/avision.conf file, 'scanadf -h' gives me:

  Geometry:
    -l 0..297mm [0]
        Top-left x position of scan area.
    -t 0..420mm [0]
        Top-left y position of scan area.
    -x 0..297mm [297]
        Width of scan-area.
    -y 0..420mm [420]
        Height of scan-area.

After adding the option, I get:

  Geometry:
    -l 0..299mm [0]
        Top-left x position of scan area.
    -t 0..419mm [0]
        Top-left y position of scan area.
    -x 0..299mm [299]
        Width of scan-area.
    -y 0..419mm [419]
        Height of scan-area.

Weird, eh?  You can see that it increases max width by 2, yet decreases
height by 1.  Just wondering what other variable is influencing this.