[sane-devel] Formulardaten

Daniel Glöckner daniel-gl at gmx.net
Fri May 25 22:49:04 UTC 2007

On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 10:55:07PM +0100, Sean MacA wrote:
> Re: Formulardaten program  Thu May 24 16:42:32 UTC 2007
>
> I assume that the above has been posted in response to my post-[sane-devel] Installation of "Sane-pie backend" to drive Black Widow (Devcom) 9636 PRO SCSI scanner

This assumption is wrong.
The Formulardaten post has been generated by a script in response to
someone filling out a form on the SANE website.

> My post relates to the possible installation of "Sane-Pie backend on my old Gateway (PCPro) computer in which the Devcom 9636 Pro SCSI card is fitted and to which the 9636 Pro scanner is attached.

SANE is not designed for Microsoft Windows.
It is possible to install the sane-pie backend on that computer, though.

Solution 1 (the easier one):
- Install a UNIX/Linux
Problem:
- In the end you won't be using the scanner in Windows XP

Solution 2:
- Find someone who builds SANE for Windows
Problem:
- Most of us have never done so, as we are all using UNIX/Linux

  Daniel