[sane-devel] Umax 2200 (SCSI) Scanner Buttons

roger roger at eskimo.com
Mon May 28 20:47:54 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-28 at 13:17 +0200, Oliver Rauch wrote:
> Hello Roger,
>
> there is no (working) support for the buttons in umax.c
>
> To enable the output "button 0 pressed" etc, do
> export SANE_DEBUG_UMAX=12
> before you start the frontend.

I believe I already set this to max and saw nothing regarding the
buttons.

This is why I asked about debugging SCSI and getting verbose output with
SCSI.  Even though I have selected verbose/debugging w/i the kernel, I
still can't set SCSI debugging via /proc

> But I am not sure if you will see any of these information,
> the routine is to output debug messages, not to find out
> if the buttons have been pressed.

Well, at least I know the buttons aren't actually working, but it's nice
to at least see a template within the code.  Anyways, still would like
to see if I can't get a memory address dumped from SCSI.  From my
guessing, the UMAX scanner probably sends out a signal through the scsi
(and USB if connected), when a button is pressed.

--
Roger
http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/index.html
Key fingerprint = 8977 A252 2623 F567 70CD 1261 640F C963 1005 1D61

Mon May 28 13:44:10 PDT 2007