[sane-devel] Error during device I/O with network attached HP

Steven Legowik legowik at roboticresearch.com
Wed May 30 13:14:58 UTC 2007

Thanks Johannes,

I'll see what information I can get through the HPLIP mailing list.  I saw the
listing on the support page that claims that the 4100 doesn't have network
support, and I am confused what that means.  I can ping the printer on the
network.  I can print to it over the network. I've been doing that for months
now.

Where does "scanimage -L" get its information from?  Does reply indicate that
it is connecting to the printer, or just that the driver is installed?  I
guess it must be the latter since I get the same response with the printer
turned off.

-steve