[sane-devel] Epson CX7400 support

Konstantin Svist fry.kun at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 05:37:22 UTC 2007

Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
> All you have to do is install iscan and pick a device that mentions
> the epkowa backend.  If you comment the epson backend out in dll.conf,
> there is no need to pick one.
>
> If you leave the epson backend enabled, XSane will show you a little
> dialog where you can pick the device.  You'll see something like
>
>    epson:003:004
>    epkowa:003:004

Installed iscan-2.8.0-1.c2.i386.rpm, commented epson from dll.conf,
commented out "usb 0x04b8 0x0838" from epson.conf and added it to
epkowa.conf
xsane started working
commented out the entry from epkowa.conf, placed it back in epson.conf -
xsane works
removed iscan package, xsane works
rebooted, still works

blinked a few times and reinstalled iscan just to be on the safe side :)

I'm guessing iscan uploaded some firmware to the scanner, so it works now..?