[sane-devel] Genesys driver for CanoScan LiDE 90

Volker Grabsch vog at notjusthosting.com
Sun Nov 11 13:36:38 UTC 2007

Dear Sane Developers,

I just started to analyze my scanner "CanoScan LiDE 90".

I'm using the current sane-backends tools (CVS version) with the
experimental genesys drivers (CVS version).

According to sane-find-scanner it contains a GL842 chipset.
However, the genesys driver have only support for GL841. So I
decided to try this driver and extended the genesys driver.

My changes are very primitive (see the attached patch). I just
copied the entries from lide-50 and adjusted some values. But
at least it makes the scanner move.

There are some strange delays, but after c. 20 seconds the scanner
starts. It is able to tun a preview and a real scan, at least the
scanner's motor is moving as if it would scan. However, it returns
always just a black image instead of the paper I'm scanning.

Is there any genesys hacker or any genesys documentation
about how to add support for a new scanner to that driver?
Is the experimental genesys driver still in active development?

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Greets,

    Volker

--