[sane-devel] Timetable for sane-backends 1.0.19

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 15:24:05 UTC 2007

This is the proposed timetable for the release of sane-backends 1.0.19:

2008-01-06 Feature freeze
2008-01-20 Code freeze
2008-02-03 Release

The dates may move a few days if required. This is a longer
'pre-freeze' period than normal, but it seems justified given the
longer development period and the pending holiday season.

Feature freeze means that only bug fixes and documentation updates are
allowed. After code freeze only documentation updates and fixes of
grave bugs that render a backend completely unusable or break
compilation are accepted.

If there are any new backends that should be included in that release
and haven't been committed to CVS yet, please tell us NOW. We will
endeavour to help new backend authors get their code included.

Please everyone have a look at our growing list of bugs and fix as
many bugs as possible:
http://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?group_id=30186&atid=410366

If the bug report is bogus, please close it with a comment why it's closed.

If you need more information from the author, add a comment. If you
don't get more info and can't reproduce the bug, close it.

Also, please make sure to view both bugs assigned to you and the
unassigned bugs, as some bugs affect several backends/maintainers.

Thanks-

allan