[sane-devel] Canoscan 1220U vertical stripes

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard at gjaeger.de
Mon Nov 19 07:49:06 UTC 2007

Am Samstag, 17. November 2007 18:36:53 schrieb Guillermo Espertino:
> Well I think I compiled sane-backends from cvs but unfortunately the
> problem is still there. I say "I think" because I have a doubt:
> In my ubuntu installation I haven't any sane-backends package installed.
> Instead of that I have libsane (in the description says that it contains
> the backends). If I uninstall libsane and compile sane-backends I can't
> open xsane because it needs libsane. If I keep libsane and compile and
> install sane-backends the problem isn't solved, but it works as before. Am
> I doing something wrong?

No worries, libsane contains the backends. You might need adjust the
installation paths. Check where i.e. libsane-plustek* is installed.

When you use the latest backends, please check for the option
"skipDarkStrip" in the plustek.conf file and set it to 1, then
recalibrate the scanner again. This should help.

Gerhard