[sane-devel] Scan stops halfway

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.org
Mon Nov 19 15:03:23 UTC 2007

Peter Klaassen wrote:
> Linux 2.6.22-14-generic #1 SMP Sun Oct 14 23:05:12 GMT 2007 i686 GNU/Linux
>
> xsane-0.991 © 1998-2006 Oliver Rauch
>   pakket xsane-0.991
>   gecompileerd met GTK-2.12.0
>   met GIMP ondersteuning, gecompileerd met GIMP-2.4.0-rc3--
>
> HP Photosmart C4280 works fine with Kooka and under XP!
>
> With Xsane, scan starts, but stops halfway and no other image is shown as a
> small vercital line in the middle of the page.
>
> This error occured after 32 package updates for Ubuntu Gutsy.
> Before that, directly after upgrade for Ubuntu Feitsy to Gutsy I was able to
> scan.
>

> Any suggestions?

I'm not clear what this means:
	"and no other image is shown as a
	small vercital line in the middle of the page."
but wild guess: Maybe: Out of swap, process killed ?

Latest logs may give a clue, Probably slightly different on your
Linux, but on FreeBSD I would do:
	cd /var/logs
	ls -ltr *
	tail -F messages
then rescan & look at latest log entries for clues.

--
Julian Stacey. Munich Computer Consultant, BSD Unix C Linux. http://berklix.com
	Ihr Rauch = mein allergischer Kopfschmerz. Dump cigs 4 snuff.