[sane-devel] microtek scanmaker 4900 - update

Adam Sulmicki sulmicki at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 19:59:04 UTC 2007

On Nov 25, 2007 8:21 PM, m. allan noah <kitno455 at gmail.com> wrote:

> it's never completely hopeless, you can get a trace of the windows
> driver in action, and reverse engineer the protocol. its just a
> question of how much time you want to spend, and how much C-fu you
> have. generally, the cheaper the scanner, the more difficult the
> driver is to write.

Well, I went to  http://meier-geinitz.de/sane/mustek_a3p1-backend/, I have
grabbed a3p1_0.6.1.2.tar.gz and compiled it (after few trivial  changes).

right now, when I run scanimage, it crashes and burns on DMARead.

Could SANE (or at least mildly inSANE) wizards take a look at the log and
give a word or two of wisdom on what might be going on (and whether it is
SQ11 chip or not).