[sane-devel] Question about pixel packing

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Tue Nov 27 10:15:00 UTC 2007

Alexander Bechikov <goo at t72.ru> wrote:

Hi,

Others here will know better than me, but anyway.

> << BUFFER_INFO >>>
> Bytes Per Line = 5100
> Pixel Width = 850

So that's 6 bytes / line, which is coherent with the info below.

> Pixel Height = 1170

So you should get 5.0 MB of data.

> << SCANNER PARAMETERS >>>

> Bits Per Channel = 16

Coherent with the data above.

> Pixel Packing = PACKED
> Pixel Order = RGB

So that's RRGGBB, assuming the byte ordering is OK.

> Gamma Bytes Per Entry = 2

And here I'm not sure what this is. Others here should know :)

> Where i can read more information about image packing or can somebody
> help me with my problem?

I've probably told you what you already knew, but one simple test you
can do is scan sheets of red paper, blue paper and green paper and
look at the data you get. Should make it easy to spot the color
components, and determine if there's anything else besides color
components in the data you get from the scanner.

I'd do it this way :)

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>