[sane-devel] [Fwd: Re: Panasonic KVSS905C SCSI driver]

Frank Zago sane at zago.net
Mon Oct 1 21:22:51 UTC 2007

Hello,

Julien BLACHE a écrit :
> "Jeff Breidenbach" <jeff at jab.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I've been told about a standalone driver for some Panasonic high-speed
> scanners, see details at the URL below:
>

>> Can you make sure the SANE team is aware of this Panasonic
>> KV-SS905C SCSI driver? Thanks.
>>
>>   http://code.google.com/p/kvss905c/
>>

> I'm told it works well but doesn't support all the features (yet?),
> quality is good and reliability is good too.
>
> Maybe someone will be interested in turning that driver into a SANE
> backend ?

I looked at the code. It's a basic scsi scanner driver. It should take a
couple hours work to make a backend, starting from the existing
matsushita driver.

The only problem IMHO is the license, and the testing.

And when I see how simple these scanners are, I don't understand
Panasonic's need for an NDA.

Frank.