[sane-devel] scanadf on Mac OS X

Yoshi ml at otani-shokai.com
Fri Oct 12 04:42:22 UTC 2007

Excuse me, mailing list address was not included in reply.

Hello Allan:

On 2007/10/11, at 23:02, m. allan noah wrote:

> scanadf is not part of sane-backends. its in sane-frontends. scanimage
> is in sane-backends, it can do most of what scanadf can do, so you
> could try that first.
>
> please let us know how you come out.
>
> allan (fujitsu backend maintainer)
>
> On 10/11/07, Yoshi <ml at otani-shokai.com> wrote:
>> Hello.
>>
>> I am a Mac OS X 10.4.10 user and I installed latest sane-backends
>> from source code with installing libusb on it, but then I couldn't
>> find
>> scanadf command. I have ever installed sane-backends on a gentoo
>> linux server where I could successfully use scanadf.
>>
>> I have to use ADF scanner(fujitsu fi-5110C or scansnap S500) on that
>> Mac machine. The build log seemed not to have critical errors.
>>
>> I build sane-backends and libusb by just
>> ./configure
>> make && sudo make install
>>
>> And I installed sane-backends after libusb.
>>
>> I would like to get advices to build it.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Yoshi
>>

>> --

> "The truth is an offense, but not a sin"

Thank you for your advice.
Then I tried to scan by scanimage but another problem occured.

I could find scanner by sane-find-scanner, and it said
found USB scanner (vendor=0x04c5, product=0x1097) at libusb:
005:002-04c5-1097-00-00

Next I tried scanimage -L, but the scanner was not found.
And ignoring the complaining, I did
'scanimage -d fujitsu:libusb:005:002-04c5-1097-00-00',
first time it said
failed: Error during devie I/O
and I did same command but the message has changed
failed: Invalid argument
although the scanner device address found by sane-find-scanner
is not changed.

with SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB, scanimage -L said:

[sanei_debug] Setting debug level of sanei_usb to 1.
[sanei_usb] sanei_usb_init: device 0x05ac/0x8005 is not configured
[sanei_usb] sanei_usb_init: device 0x05ac/0x8005 is not configured
:
(snip. repeat those for more than 10 times)
:
[sanei_usb] sanei_usb_open: libusb complained: usb_set_configuration
(SetConfiguration): pipe is stalled
[sanei_debug] Setting debug level of sanei_usb to 1.
[sanei_usb] sanei_usb_init: device 0x05ac/0x8005 is not configured
[sanei_usb] sanei_usb_init: device 0x05ac/0x8005 is not configured
[sanei_debug] Setting debug level of sanei_usb to 1.
(snip this also more 4times)

My environment is:
PC: Mac mini with Mac OS X 10.4.10 (Xcode installed)
Scanner: fujitsu fi-5110c

Thank you.

Yoshi