[sane-devel] scanadf on Mac OS X

Mattias Ellert mattias.ellert at tsl.uu.se
Sat Oct 13 05:19:51 UTC 2007

fre 2007-10-12 klockan 21:26 -0400 skrev m. allan noah:

> so- it appears that after we close the usb device, we cannot re-open
> it under osx? we need some OSX/USB help here.
>
> allan

Hi!

The libusb is known to behave strangely together with SANE on
darwin/MacOS X. The libusb code tries to support timeouts on interrupt
pipes, which is not supported. I my experience most problems are solved
if this "feature" is removed. The attached patch normally solves a lot
of problems. Since I didn't see the complete debug log in this case, I
cannot tell if this particular problem is caused by this "feature".

	Mattias