[sane-devel] scanimage: sane_start: Scanner cover is open

Lars Möllendorf hermes.trismegistos at web.de
Tue Oct 23 21:36:59 UTC 2007

Hi Abel,

thanks for your help.

abel deuring schrieb:
> Do you have an ADF or a transparency unit installed?
Yes there is an ADF unit.
> But you are right that an
> ADF status information should not affect flatbed scans.

Now I tested the scanner with the original driver under Windows. ADF
doesn't work neither in Windows nor in Linux. In Windows the error
message suggest to check if ADF is empty or if the ADF cover is open,
even if ADF is filled and ADF cover closed. Scanning via ADF produces
this error message in Linux: "ADF is empty".
I also moved to another flat recently :-), maybe the HW was damaged
during transport. As you know the scanner is very old. I will take a
thorough look at the HW this weekend, maybe I'm able to fix it.
Anyway the original driver scans without complains if flatbed is chosen
as source.
> Could you please make similar tests with SANE_DEBUG_SHARP=255 ?

I shortened and attached it.

Regards,
Lars