[sane-devel] hs2p: xsane debug problem solved

jazz_johnson at verizon.net jazz_johnson at verizon.net
Sat Oct 27 00:03:42 UTC 2007

Finally figured out why I wasn't seeing any DBG() statements with Xsane:
I was connecting to the scanner over the network.

My scanner runs off a scsi card in an old Pentium III with no monitor, so
I ssh'd to the remote PIII computer to edit my hs2p backend and to run
scanimage, so naturally my DBG() statements showed up.
But I forgot and ran Xsane from my fluxbox (local) desktop, so whatever
DBG() statements hs2p was writing weren't being redirected across the net.

Once I ran Xsane from the PIII, all my DBG() statements showed up, and
(curiously) the Preview Scan functioned just fine, whereas connecting over
the net with Xsane to hs2p backend, I get an invalid argument when clicking
the Preview button.

Well now that I've got some DBG() output, I think I'll wrap this backend up
shortly.