[sane-devel] basic hs2p backend working

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 14:51:59 UTC 2007

On 10/30/07, jazz_johnson at verizon.net <jazz_johnson at verizon.net> wrote:
> I've finally got the major features of the IS450 working
> but would appreciate some advice on implementing reading duplex window data in SANE.
>
> I need to read two windows of data but have the sane-frontend realize that the data
> is to be saved into a frontside and backside for each sheet and not just one long page.

you need to buffer the backside data, and return it (instead of
scanning) after the second call to sane_start. there is no way to tell
the frontend that half the data you are sending should be held for
later.

> I have an sp15c which duplexes so I've been looking over the sp15c backend
> which uses threads and arrays of pipes neither of which my backend uses.

look at the fujitsu backend. it is single threaded, but does duplex,
using an (unfortunately large) buffer. It could also be implemented
with temp files, but i'd make it a user option.

allan