[sane-devel] New entry for libsane.usermap

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Wed Oct 31 18:31:15 UTC 2007

Bertrik Sikken <bertrik at sikken.nl> wrote:

Hi,

>> I've installed my "HP psc 1110 all-in-one" scanner/printer following this

> I'd like to help add this to sane cvs, but I don't quite know how.
>
> As far as I understand I can add it to a .desc file so the sane build
> process will automatically add it to the udev libsane.rules file.
>
> What backend do you use for your scanner?

It's the hpaio backend from the hplip package by HP.

We don't have a desc file for this backend, so we're not going any
further with those requests. Same goes for the Brother MFPs, and
virtually everything that's handled by a proprietary backend.

The external backends should provide the udev rules by themselves.

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>
<jb at jblache.org>                                  GPG KeyID 0xF5D65169