[sane-devel] Will the CanonScan 3000 Series be supported?

Stéphane VOLTZ stef.dev at free.fr
Mon Sep 3 04:23:59 UTC 2007

Le dimanche 2 septembre 2007, Christian Arnold a écrit :
> With the latest CVS-Release I successfully build sane-backends. The
> libsane-genesys is included. When I run sane-find-scanner I get this
>
> $ sane-find-scanner
> found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9, product=0x2215, chip=GL660+GL646?) at
> libusb:003:007
>    # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be
> supported by
>    # SANE. Try scanimage -L and read the backend's manpage.
>
> After reading the man of sane-genesys I found out that I could add my
> own scanners by adding them to /usr/local/etc/sane.d/genesys.conf. I did
> it with the data above. But scanimage -L still doesn't detect my
> CanoScan 3000! What am I doing wrong?
>
> Regards
> Christian

	Hello,

	to add a model, you also have to edit genesys_devices.c, create a
Genesys_Model entry for your scanner and then add it to
genesys_usb_device_list.

	But before going that road, it would be worth to have a look at a USB log of
a preview recorded under windows, so that we can get sure that your scanner
is really GL646 based. That will also give the various parameters to set in
the device description structures.

Regards,
	Stef