[sane-devel] Will the CanonScan 3000 Series be supported?

Stéphane VOLTZ stef.dev at free.fr
Mon Sep 3 19:33:56 UTC 2007

Le lundi 3 septembre 2007, Christian Arnold a écrit :

> Hello!
>
> How do I record this log? I'm pretty shure that the CanoScan 3000 Series
> should work after "some" coding with the genesys drivers, because of
> this SANE unsupported device information page
> http://www.sane-project.org/unsupported/canon-3000.html
> It seems not many sane-users have this scanner. But I have and I am
> willing to make it supported! If you need any information from the
> scanner, tell me and I try to provide it!
>
> Hope it'll work someday!
>
> Regards
> Christian

	Hello,

	my tool of choice to record USB traffic under windows is SniffUSB (you can
grab it at http://stef.dev.free.fr/sane/outils/index.html). Record a simple
session under windows, like doing a color preview. Once you have made a
usbsnoop.log , and compressed it, you can put somewhere or even send it to me
directly.
	I'll have a look at it to see if it is really a GL646 based scanner. The
http://www.sane-project.org/unsupported/canon-3000.html doesn't give a
definitive answer, like the log will do.

Regards,
	Stef