[sane-devel] HP G4010 and the GL841 chipset

Bertrik Sikken bertrik at sikken.nl
Tue Sep 25 17:00:02 UTC 2007

Hi John,

This weekend I processed some of the 'Formulardaten' e-mails
and this included reports on the g4010 and g4050. You should
now be able to find them through the scanner search engine
on www.sane-project.org.

Reports for the g4000 and g4010 show identical USB vendor/product
id's and USB descriptors (both report as g4000 series),
so I combined the info in a single page for the g4000.
These reports also indicate a GL841 chip, although purely on
the basis of software detection as far as I could tell.
I think we should be careful with assigning too much trust to
just detection by software.

I have not run into any usbsnoop logs yet, so far i have
processed only part of the formulardaten backlog.

Kind regards,
Bertrik