[sane-devel] hp7400c won't work with latest sane ?

René Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Sat Apr 5 09:07:46 UTC 2008

Tymoteusz wrote:
> Rene Rebe pisze:
>> Hi,

>>> oups sorry i had forgotten to add ur email adres to my previous post
>>> log is here http://atelier1.website.pl/N-A
>> It is just inf. waiting for light warmup. I just yesterday found a
>> similar
>> problem with a newer hardware and will provide a workaround when done.
>>
>> Can you test if you can scan successfully if you let the scanner warm
>> it's light before you scan with the Avision SANE backend?
>>
>> Yours,
>>
> Well i have left scanner for warmup but this didn't give any difference.
> Regards.

Where is the log to take a look?

Btw. I just noticed in the source I have on the screen the 7400
is marked as AV_LIGHT_CHECK_BOGUS, which essentially ignores the
light warmup state in the code. Can you review if your backend
source you installed from contains this?

Yours,

   Geschäftsführer: Susanne Klaus, René Rebe
   Sitz: Berlin, Amtsgericht Charlottenburg HRB 105 123 B
   USt-IdNr.: DE251602478