[sane-devel] hp7400c won't work with latest sane ?

Tymoteusz tymoteusz.drozd at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 13:16:40 UTC 2008

René Rebe pisze:
> Tymoteusz wrote:
>> Rene Rebe pisze:
>>> Hi,

>>> It is just inf. waiting for light warmup. I just yesterday found a
>>> similar
>>> problem with a newer hardware and will provide a workaround when done.
>>>
>>> Can you test if you can scan successfully if you let the scanner warm
>>> it's light before you scan with the Avision SANE backend?
>>>
>>> Yours,
>>>
>> Well i have left scanner for warmup but this didn't give any difference.
>> Regards.
>
> Where is the log to take a look?
>
> Btw. I just noticed in the source I have on the screen the 7400
> is marked as AV_LIGHT_CHECK_BOGUS, which essentially ignores the
> light warmup state in the code. Can you review if your backend
> source you installed from contains this?
>
> Yours,

Hmm

AV_LIGHT_CHECK_BOGUS appears in:

/backend/
    767:avision.c
    2477:avision.c
    107:avision.h

log is here http://atelier1.website.pl/N-A
7400_old.log is previous log
7400.log is new one.

also i'm sure that something had triggered lamp warmup because after
40min scanner was very hot (much warmer then after 30 scan's committed
with old version of avison).

Regards