[sane-devel] LIDE 25 scanner as a single-line CCD detector with plustek backend

Christoph Zeh zeh at iapp.de
Fri Apr 18 09:41:07 UTC 2008

Dear All

I am refering to this message I found in the archives from Bernardo
Kyotoku:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2005-November/015371.html

Just as Bernardo, I try to figure out a way to use the line-CCD from a
used Canon LIDE 25 scanner as a measuring device to sense light
intensities impinging the CCD-detector. The device works with the
plustek backend. All the mechanics and the integrated lamp are of no use
for this (or even disturbing) and I am afraid I will break the device by
"de-installing" those parts manually, since the checking routines might
fail in this case.

 I would very much appreciate if you could give me some hints where it
might be promising to have a closer look in the plustek-backend-codes.
If figured that some of the initialising routings are part of the
plustek-usb modules as well as some of the "mechanical" routines. But I
am a bit lost, since I am far from understanding, where which routine
shakes hand with another.

However, I have to admit, that my experiences in C and device
programming are rather basic. (So I'd better not try this...  But I want
to learn it.)

So, thanks in advance.

Christoph