[sane-devel] Question on HP 6200C

Dieter Jurzitza dieter.jurzitza at t-online.de
Sat Apr 19 23:02:02 UTC 2008

Dear listmembers,
today I got a new -well, say an used- HP Scanner 6200C. The configuration
dialog tells me to use  the HP-backend, the scanner is detected. But then, in
the very moment I try to scan something, the scanner moves somewhat and after
a while scanimage times out with an error message:

scanimage: sane_read: Error during device I/O

Along with this mail I attached the logging output after setting both the
debug variables to 127. The scanner has both an USB and a SCSI interface,
they both behave identical, therefore I think it is not an issue with
physics.
Thank you very much for looking into this,
take care

Dieter Jurzitza

Apologies for attaching the file as bzip2, but the original one has 1.2MByte
and I didn't want to bother everybody on the list with such a huge file.

                                \

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font
with constant spacing like courier! :-)