[sane-devel] epjitsu backend for a Scansnap S300

jojuez jsanchezjr at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 19:03:50 UTC 2008

I am attempting to install and use a Fujitsu Scansnap S300 on Ubuntu 7.10 and
SANE 1.0.19. After installing SANE there was no epjitsu.conf file in the
sane.d directory. I located a sample and copied it to the directory. I also
copied the firmware file to a directory and pointed the conf file there. If
is use sane-find-scanner, it is found as a USB scanner and the vendor and
product values match those in the conf file. However if I attempt running
scanimage it does not find the scanner. If my detail is not enough I am
sorry, I am very new at using SANE. I am sure there is something I missed I
am just having trouble pinning down what that may be. Any assistance anyone
may provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

JS