[sane-devel] epjitsu backend for a Scansnap S300

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 00:56:44 UTC 2008

On 4/22/08, jojuez <jsanchezjr at gmail.com> wrote:

>  m. allan noah-3 wrote:
>  >
>  > 1. when you configure the new tarball, you should give it the params
>  > required to put the files in the place of your existing OS install of
>  > sane. i use something like:
>  >
>  > ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --disable-locking
>  >
>  > unless i am on a 64 bit platform, then i sometimes have to add
>  > --libdir=/usr/lib64
>  >
>  > configure --help is your friend.
>  >
>  > otherwise, you end up with sane installed in /usr/local, where some
>  > OS's ignore it :(
>  >
>  > 2. you should remove your existing sane package before you `make
>  > install` the new one, otherwise sane wont overwrite the config files,
>  > and you might be left with two copies of the libs installed.
>  >

> Ok, I did a fresh OS install and removed the existing sane packages and then
>  installed 1.0.19 using the example configure options you showed me. Now I do
>  have epjitsu.conf in my sane.d directory. However, now when I have the
>  scanner connected to the system and I run sane-find-scanner it doesn't find
> it at all.

are you doing this as root? does it show up when you run lsusb?

> I made sure I have libusb installed and also have copied the
> firmware file to the detailed directory in the conf file. However, the
>  firmware file is slightly different. On my windows machine that I extracted
>  the file from, the file is named 300_0C00.nal rather than 300_0A00.nal. I am
>  going to search again to see if i can find the other file. Anything else you
>  can think of I may have done wrong or miss let me know.

well, that means you have a newer firmware than i have seen, but if
the machine does not show up with lsusb, then you have bigger issues.

if we can get those resolved, then we can get a debug log:

SANE_DEBUG_EPJITSU=15 scanimage -L 2>s300.log

then email me that s300.log file, and I'll have a look.

allan