[sane-devel] incompatible iscan-2.11.0

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Wed Apr 23 16:47:28 UTC 2008

"m. allan noah" <kitno455 at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

>> I do have more than a few users who rely on the proprietary crap for
>>  whatever good or bad reason. That's why I provided epkowa in the first
>>  place.
>
> you ship the free parts so that debian users have an easy way to
> discard their freedom with proprietary code? frankly, i am a little
> shocked....

Well, without the non-free bits it provides better support for some
scanner, and supports devices no other backend supports :)

And the non-free stuff requires mostly no effort on my end so...

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>
<jb at jblache.org>                                  GPG KeyID 0xF5D65169