[sane-devel] Nikon CoolScan LS-9000 ED support

Rob Sims sane-z at robsims.com
Wed Apr 23 17:32:58 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 01:51:14AM +0200, Alessandro Zummo wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 17:21:09 -0600
> Rob Sims <sane-z at robsims.com> wrote:

> > As suggested by the web page, I'm posting here to let people know I'm
> > working on a back end for the Nikon LS-9000 (patching coolscan2.c).  I
> > also have a few questions.

>   I did some work in improving infrared and general coolscan
>  support in the coolscan3 driver. You might want to give it a look.

Thanks - I was basing my changes on the released package; I have now
checked out of cvs.  Why the name change?  The supported scanner list is
the same, and many of the changes seem cosmetic.  If coolscan3 is
destined to replace 2, I'll rebase the patches against it.

Does anyone know of features unimplemented for the 8000 that may be
common to the 9000?  I'm currently planning on enabling the stuff I add
for only the 9000.

What is the "reply" convention on this list - Debian lists it's to reply
to list only, and on kernel lists it's to retain the cc: list.
--
Rob