[sane-devel] Cross compilation on Moxa embedded device

Mattias Ellert mattias.ellert at fysast.uu.se
Fri Apr 25 08:33:32 UTC 2008

fre 2008-04-25 klockan 09:19 +0200 skrev Jan Coetzer:

> 1.)      Is there somebody that has done this, that can give me some
> pointers to how the process should work.
>
> 2.)      Can anybody give me any idea how to modify the makefiles.
> (Setting up the cross compiler? What else?)
>

> Thanks In advance
>

> Jan Coetzer

I use cross-compilation to build MacOS X PPC binaries on an intel
machine (and used to do the opposite on my old machine). No special
tricks are needed except setting the environment variables (CC, CFLAGS,
CXX, CXXFLAGS, CPP, CPPFLAGS, LDFLAGS) when running configure.

The parts of the build that don't work when doing cross-compilation are
automatically turned off by configure (since November - if you use an
older version you need to tweek the makefiles a bit).

	Mattias