[sane-devel] Calling a script after USB scanner is plugged

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Sat Apr 26 20:39:42 UTC 2008

Rainer Dorsch <rdorsch at web.de> wrote:

Hi,

> The script works now reasonably robust (for now) when I plug the USB scanner.
> My problem is though, that the script does not get called when I boot the
> system and the scanner is plugged already during bootup. Why is this?

Chances are the coldplugging happens from the initrd and your script
isn't available in the initrd. So check that.

Otherwise, I see no reason why the script would not be executed.

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>
<jb at jblache.org>                                  GPG KeyID 0xF5D65169