[sane-devel] HP 5590 not working in 1.0.19

Ilia Sotnikov hostcc at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 18:22:45 UTC 2008

On 4/28/08, Albert Cervera i Areny <albert at nan-tic.com> wrote:
> A Diumenge 27 Abril 2008, Ilia Sotnikov va escriure:
> > CVS won't help as no changes to the backends
> > were made since 1.0.19. To be clear no tests were performed using
> > 'scanadf' application and the backend in question. Will try to conduct
> > them to see what solution could be appropriate
>
> Please, let me know if I can help.

Sure. Today I did some testing with SANE backends 1.0.19 and
sane-frontends 1.0.14.
At least, 'scanadf' and 'scanimage' binaries show correct behavoiur
when using ADF as source.

You could help by collecting the following information:
- scanadf version
- its full command line
- did you install SANE backends from source by yourself or used some
package? If latter, which version and from which vendor
- the debug from the same 'scanadf' but with SANE_DEBUG_HP5590=20 set,
eg. 'SANE_DEBUG_HP5590=20 scanadf -v ...'
- CPU architecture of the host you got the error on

Thanks in advance,
--
 Ilia Sotnikov