[sane-devel] Double-free following scan on ubuntu hardy 8.04 with epjitsu fi-60f

Chris Lale chrislale at untrammelled.co.uk
Tue Apr 29 08:20:04 UTC 2008

Jeff Kowalczyk wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 21:01:08 -0400, m. allan noah wrote:
>> well, i've just committed a patch to fix this, but please test, as i
>> never saw the error message in the first place...
> Does anyone have a good procedure for patching and rebuilding
> released ubuntu .debs to test upstream changes? Or a way to build new debs
> from sane snapshots at a particular revision? The originally reported
> platform (Ubuntu) is not my familiar source-based system (Gentoo).

This is how you could do it in Debian [1].

Basic method for a package "somepackage" version "0.7.1-1" is as follows. (This
does not change the version number, but that is explained in the documentation.):

Get the source package.

1. put
in a directory.

2.  Run
dpkg-source -x somepackage_0.7.1-1.dsc to recreate build directory.

3. cd to
Do what you need.

4. Run
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
Completes with message
dpkg-buildpackage: full upload (original source is included)

5. Run checks:
lintian somepackage_0.7.1-1_i386.changes
linda somepackage_0.7.1-1_i386.changes
Both should complete with no errors reported.

debc somepackage_0.7.1-1_i386.changes | less
On inspection, files contained in package should look OK.

# debi somepackage_0.7.1-1_i386.changes
should install package OK.

# dpkg --purge somepackage
removes package.