[sane-devel] incompatible iscan-2.11.0

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Wed Apr 30 02:47:53 UTC 2008

Alessandro Zummo <azummo-lists at towertech.it> writes:

> On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 09:33:48 -0400
> "m. allan noah" <kitno455 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> no- go back and re-read my question. i want to know what models are
>> supported by free software in epkowa backend, but not in epson/epson2
>> backend.
>
>  given that epkowa started from epson, I'd hope there is none.

It (epkowa) started from the epson backend in sane-1.0.3.  Your epson2
started a fair bit later (1.0.17?).  Unfortunately, there has been way
too little feedback between the backends.

The epkowa backend in iscan-2.11.0 adds support for independent X/Y
resolution settings.  This is not in the epson backend.  I believe
there are also some differences in the ADF support.
# Heads up: I'm about to redo ADF support (simplex and duplex).

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                   FLOSS Engineer -- AVASYS Corporation
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/