[sane-devel] sane-net and scanimage arguments

Nick Andrew nick at nick-andrew.net
Fri Aug 1 07:13:00 UTC 2008

I've got a bit of a problem with saned / sane-net and scanimage
arguments. If I do this on host1 with the scanner attached:

    host1$ scanimage -d epson:libusb:002:008 --resolution 150 --mode Color > image.pnm

then it works fine. If I move to host2 and use scanimage to
talk via scand with this command:

    host2$ scanimage -d net:host1:epson:libusb:002:008 --resolution 150 --mode Color > image.pnm

then scanimage errors out with:

    scanimage: unrecognized option `--mode'

It turns out that if both --mode and --resolution are specified then
scanimage barfs. I can specify --mode on its own and get a 50dpi color
image, or --resolution on its own and get an 150dpi monochrome image.
If I swap the arguments around then scanimage complains:

    scanimage: unrecognized option `--resolution'

This is with the debian packaged scanutils 1.0.19-12

Nick.