[sane-devel] HP G2410 SCANNER

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Mon Aug 4 05:28:44 UTC 2008

Le Sunday 03 August 2008 09:54:24, vous avez écrit :
> hi stef,
>            G2410 scanner wont support by sane package which is
> available??is there any way to other than to make change in code of main
> sane package to use G2410 scanner in linux? if require to change in source
> code what changes require be done and how to?

	Hello,

	the genesys backend can't operate a G2410 currently. The amount of changes
needed to add support for it can't be known until someone logs the windows
USB traffic with the SniffUsb program available at
http://www.pcausa.com/Utilities/UsbSnoop/default.htm and post the log of a
color preview it somewhere (or send it to me directly off list since it is
big even compressed).
	I think it would also be interesting to compare such log with one from the HP
Scanjet 2400 since I feel they are really similar.
	If I had such a device it would take me a couple of month to add support for
it with my scarce free time (a few hours a week).

Regards,
	Stef