[sane-devel] Problem in detecting usb scanner

Giuseppe Sacco giuseppe at eppesuigoccas.homedns.org
Mon Aug 4 06:05:39 UTC 2008

Hi Allan,

On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 18:18:39 -0400 "m. allan noah" <kitno455 at gmail.com> wrote:
> the location of usb device files has moved from /proc/bus/usb to
> /dev/usb. perhaps your version of libusb looks in one place, and the
> system makes them in the other. udev might also be involved?

The documentation installed with libusb package (its version is 0.1.12, Debian version 2:0.1.12-5) states that libusb uses /proc/bus/usb and suggest to use a file system usbdevfs or usbfs.
I am currently recompiling the latest libusb (its version is 0.1.12, Debian version 2:0.1.12-12) but I think this will not solve the problem.

Bye,
Giuseppe