[sane-devel] epson perfection 1640su

George Herzog gaherzog at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 22:13:47 UTC 2008

Hi, I just purchased the above scanner because it is listed as
completely compatible on the sane list. It is  not detected.  will
someone please give me very detailed instructions on how to accomplish
the following:

USB    A device file that is preceded by the string "USB" is treated as
              a scanner connected via the Universal Serial  Bus.  The  correct
              special  device  file  has  to be created prior to using it with
              Sane. See the USB documentation for more information  about  how
              to set up the USB subsystem and the required device files.

I am using Mandriva 2008. I am not very computer literate. Any other
advice for this particular scanner will be very much appreciated.

Thank you.
Respectfully, George Herzog