[sane-devel] epson perfection 1640su photo scanner

George Herzog gaherzog at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 09:30:39 UTC 2008

Mandriva 2008
Xsane version 0.994
Epson perfection 1640 su photo
Scanning a Kodak color negative
I have entered the following to the epson control panel: transparency
unit, color, kodak negative, negative film

While the scanner is running through the preview mode it shows the
proper positive color image, but as soon as the preview mode is
completed it reverts to a negative image with the orange screen, and
this is what is produced in the final scan.  Pressing
the.......Negative: invert colors for scanning negatives.......
button inverts everything, including the orange screen, and produces a
useless image. I know that I can work around this with photoshop or
gimp, but surly there is a better way. I don't know what version of
Sane I have installed.

George Herzog