[sane-devel] MF4150 - Can I help?

Bob Dronski dronski at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 00:07:45 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I picked up a Canon ImageClass MF4150 today knowing full well that
SANE has not been tested.  But the price was too good to beat!
Unfortunately, it didn't work out of the box.

I haven't done much low level programming, but I have tried to test
and debug the Pixma driver on OS X Leopard.  Running in debug mode, I
got the following:
Monster:~ bob$ scanimage -T
[sanei_debug] Setting debug level of pixma to 10.
[pixma] pixma version 0.14.5
[pixma] pixma_collect_devices() found Canon imageCLASS MF4150 at
libusb:003:005-04a9-26a3-00-00
[pixma] pixma_find_scanners() found 1 devices
[pixma] pixma_collect_devices() found Canon imageCLASS MF4150 at
libusb:003:005-04a9-26a3-00-00
[pixma] pixma_open(): Canon imageCLASS MF4150
[pixma] Trying to clear the interrupt buffer...

And it hangs there.  Is someone able to do anything with this info?

Bob