[sane-devel] GL646_HP (BuildSmart)

BuildSmart buildsmart at daleenterprise.com
Sat Aug 16 18:09:11 UTC 2008

I now have the following HP scanners, ScanJet 3600c, ScanJet 3650c
(with external film/slide reader), ScanJet 3670c (built-in film/slide
reader),  ScanJet 3690c,  ScanJet 3930c,  ScanJet 3970c.

All but one is GL646_HP based.

I have confirmed that the software I have for Mac OS X works with all
of the scanners except for the 3970c which I think is an GL841_HP.

I have a Mac OS X ppc button driver that works with all of the
GL646_HP scanners and I really think that this would be useful if
decompiled since it works with all of the GL^$^_HP scanners,
recognizes 3, 4 and 5 buttons (also 3 on scanner and 2 on film/slide
reader) and basically calls external applications based on the button
that is pressed. but decompiling without tools or knowledge/
experience of decompiling is not appealing to me.

I'd like to help in any way I can, I've installed the Mac OS X binary
distro which I believe is built from CVS and I can help with testing
in Mac OS and possibly contribute a patch or two if build issues
occur since I am extremely familiar with the build environment.

localhost:~ dale$ scanimage --version
scanimage (sane-backends) 1.1.0-cvs; backend version 1.1.0
localhost:~ dale$