[sane-devel] GL646_HP (BuildSmart)

BuildSmart buildsmart at daleenterprise.com
Sat Aug 16 23:19:12 UTC 2008

On Aug 16, 2008, at 18:38 PM, JKD wrote:

> El Saturday 16 August 2008 20:09:11 BuildSmart escribió:
>> I now have the following HP scanners, ScanJet 3600c, ScanJet 3650c
>> (with external film/slide reader), ScanJet 3670c (built-in film/slide
>> reader),  ScanJet 3690c,  ScanJet 3930c,  ScanJet 3970c.
>>
>> All but one is GL646_HP based.
>>
>> I have confirmed that the software I have for Mac OS X works with all
>> of the scanners except for the 3970c which I think is an GL841_HP.
>
> ScanJet 3970c is a Realtek RTS8822L-01H supported by hp3900 backend.

Yes I opened them all up to make notes and can confirm that the 3970c
is realtek chipset but oddly enough the 3930c has GL841_HP (is it
compatible?) and I would have thought it be in the same chipset class
but it appears to be somewhat compatible to the GL646_HP (is it
compatible?).

Memory seems to be consistent at what looks like 64mb (if I'm reading
it correctly) except the 3650c which looks like 32mb.

If it's supported I guess no need to enable the backend (only genesys
is currently enabled) to play with it so I'll set it aside and put a
stickie on it.