[sane-devel] added an entry to usb udev rules

NN_ tuxboom at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 16 22:41:20 UTC 2008

hello sane developpers!

first of all: ThanX for your great work!!

I dont know wy, but [x]sane did not recognize my sscanner, a HP psc 1510
all-in-one device, so I edited /etc/udev/rules.d/53-sane.rules and added the
foolowing line for vendorID: 0x03f0 productID: 0x4c11
------- snipp
# Hewlett-Packard PSC 1510
ATTRS{idVendor}=="03f0", ATTRS{idProduct}=="4c11", MODE="0664",
GROUP="scanner", ENV{libsane_matched}="yes"
------- snapp

BTW:
'sane-find-scanner' detected my Hauppauge TV card bt878 at /dev/video0
You can read my joke about that at:
  http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewforum.php?id=23&p=2
entry:
   kooka/xsane recognizes TV card as scanner dev?! by tuxing
/BTW

please note, six month ago, I've had setup my HP dev and everything did
working, without any problems. So it maybe the entry above was simply
forgotten, as the model "psc 1510" of HP is not a new one.

However, I wish you lots of effort and (not only one) a greatful day.
norbert