[sane-devel] Epson CX5500 without the non-free libs.

Vital Mission Software guru at vitalmis.com
Wed Aug 20 23:37:26 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 20 August 2008 23:08, m. allan noah wrote:
> 2008/8/19 Vital Mission Software <guru at vitalmis.com>:

> > I have posted my problem to the AVASYS message board. In the
> > meantime, is there any alternative way of getting this scanner to
> > work.
>
> Perhaps hire someone to reverse engineer this scanner,

I could do the reverse engineering myself, I was looking for something I
could do a little more quickly.

> or (faster and
> less expensive) buy a different one.

Already have another one, a Canon LiDE 80. But that's not supported
either and it's been on the unsupported list since 2007-01-28.

Are then any supported scanners that are currently available? It doesn't
look like it.

However, LiDE 80 looks like it may be easier to get going than the
CX5500, so if someone could point me to the appropriate documentation I
could perhaps bring it into the supported list.

Keith Harwood.