[sane-devel] niash : HP 3300C flatbed not detecting physical scan area height

felipe.jensen.casado at estumail.ucm.es felipe.jensen.casado at estumail.ucm.es
Thu Aug 21 22:17:19 UTC 2008

      Hi all:

        I am using FreeBSD 6.3-RC2, with a custom kernel without uscanner
support (otherwise niash won't work, as it needs libusb). I am using the
following, built from ports:
libusb-0.1.12_2
sane-backends-1.0.19_1

        The scanner is perfectly detected and scanimage -L and scanimage -T
work just fine. I tried a preview with xsane and scans too. However, when
selecting an area for scanning it started making loud noises «clack-clack».
Needless to say, I turned it off inmediatly, and apparently the scanner is
not damaged. However this is very bad news for what used to be a fully
supported device.

        This scanner worked perfectly in GNU/Linux, using:
libusb-0.1.12
sane-backends-1.0.18

        I'd say that it got broken from 1.0.18 to 1.0.19, but I'm not sure
abut risking the scanner using the previous version in FreeBSD until it is
clear why it is behaving this way.

        Greetings from Europe.